- Association for Corporate Growth
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Institute of Management Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Small Business Investment Companies
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
Association for Corporate Growth
“Founded in 1954, the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) is the premier global association for professionals involved in corporate growth, corporate development, and mergers and acquisitions for mid to large companies. Leaders in corporations, private equity, finance, and professional service firms focused on building value in their organizations belong to ACG. They recognize the multiple benefits of networking within an influential community of executives growing public and private companies worldwide. For 50 years, ACG members have focused on strategic activities that increase revenues, profits and, ultimately, stakeholder value. Today ACG stands at more than 9,000 members representing Fortune 500, Fortune 1000, FTSE 100, and mid-market companies in 48 chapters in North America, Europe and soon Asia.” – http://www.acg.org
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
“The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants is the national, professional organization for all Certified Public Accountants. Its mission is to provide members with the resources, information, and leadership that enable them to provide valuable services in the highest professional manner to benefit the public as well as employers and clients.
In fulfilling its mission, the AICPA works with state CPA organizations and gives priority to those areas where public reliance on CPA skills is most significant.” – http://www.aicpa.org
Institute of Management Accountants
“The Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) is the world’s leading organization dedicated to empowering management accounting and finance professionals to drive business performance.” – http://www.imanet.org
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
“The New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA) is the largest state accounting organization in the nation and currently has 30,000 members. It was incorporated in 1897 for the following purposes:
- To cultivate, promote, and disseminate knowledge and information concerning certified public accountants.
- To establish and maintain high standards of integrity, honor, and character among certified public accountants.
- To furnish information regarding accountancy and the practice and methods thereof to its members and the general public.
- To protect the interests of its members and the general public with respect to the practice of accountancy.
The Society fulfills its mission through its 15 chapters, more than 60 technical and administrative committees, and a 39 member Board of Directors. The administrative operations are under the direction of the Executive Director, assisted by a professional staff of approximately 75.”- http://www.nysscpa.org
National Association of Small Business Investment Companies
“The National Association of Small Business Investment Companies (NASBIC) is the professional association for the Small Business Investment Company (SBIC) industry and the oldest continuously operating organization of venture capitalists in the world. Formed just months after the passage of the Small Business Investment Act of 1958, NASBIC has played a pivotal role in promoting the growth and vitality of the industry for more than 40 years.” – http://www.nasbic.org
Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants
“The Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants is a voluntary association of CPAs and associate members in public practice, industry, government, and education. The Society is established to:
- develop the professional practice of accountancy, both public and non-public
- encourage the maintenance of high professional standards
- cultivate cordial relationships among practicing accountants
- promote a better lay understanding of services rendered by CPAs
- act in a representative capacity for the profession”